When filing for bankruptcy there is a substantial amount of preparation involved. There are documents to gather, information to confirm and courses to take. However, if you are prepared it will make the entire process much easier. The following is a list of general documents that we will need in order to prepare your pleadings. If you are certain that you want to file for bankruptcy, you may want to bring these to your initial consultation. If you decide to retain us at that time, we will start working on your case right away.
- State and Federal Tax Returns for the past two years;
- Pay Stubs for the past 7 months;
- Proof of Income from sources other than employment such as Social Security or Pension;
- Your Bills – You only need to submit the most recent bill received for each creditor;
- Credit Reports – We will be pulling these at your drafting appointment. However, if you would like to pull them ahead of time you can email them to us once we have been retained as your attorneys. A truly free credit report website iswww.annualfreecreditreport.com; and
- Bank Statements for the past 6 months – If you have online banking, we can access these at your drafting appointment as well.
Having these documents organized and available at your initial drafting appointment means there will be no unnecessary delays in the filing of your voluntary petition.